Vaginal aesthetics: Hypertrophy of the labia minora
Hypertrophy of the labia minora is a disproportion of size, either in width or in length, of the internal labia or labia minora, in comparison with the external labia or labia majora. According to various studies six out of ten women between 20 and 40 years of age develop labia minora hypertrophy.
There are several reasons, among them are the following:
- Congenital causes
- Playing certain sports which can cause injury.
- The passage of time, hormonal consequences or multiple births.
- Obesity and sudden weight loss
Every day the number of people concerned about developing this condition, and which seeks solutions to it, increases. And as well as an aesthetic problem, the discomfort caused from labia minora hypertrophy include:
- Intimate hygiene problems from the accumulation of moisture.
- Problems using tight clothing: swimsuits, bikinis, leggings, due to swelling of the area.
- Discomfort when playing different types of sports.
- Low self-esteem and insecurities
- Problems during intercourse.
The solution to hypertrophy of the labia minora is laser labiaplasty. INTERmedic, thanks to its innovative technology applied to the CO2 Gynelase™ laser, offers a minimally invasive solution to laser Labioplasty. Laser labiaplasty is the reduction of the labia minora using a laser technique.
This is achieved by improving the aesthetic appearance, it is a minimally invasive treatment with rapid recovery. When can a woman undergo laser labiaplasty?
In general, since it is a minimally invasive, accurate, delicate and effective procedure, any woman that is not happy with the size of the labia minora and who has an aesthetic and functional problem, can be a candidate for laser labiaplasty.
However, it is advisable to consult a specialist, who will evaluate the particular case and propose the best solution for the patient.
Gynelase ™ also offers solutions for vaginal design:
- Vaginal rejuvenation
- Postpartum episiotomy
- Genital bleaching
- Clitoris reduction