INTERmedic’s PL3D™ is a revolutionary laser system, specially designed for the minimally invasive treatment of the vertebral disc prolapse. The laser procedure is effective, fast and safe, reducing intradiscal pressure by shrinkage caused by the laser energy.
The reduction of intradiscal pressure with PL3D™ laser has revolutionised intravertebral surgery: a small part of the nucleus pulposus is vaporized to reduce pressure through an outpatient minimally invasive procedure under local anesthesia.
PL3D™ works with a 980nm laser diode, the optimal wavelength for disc decompression. Its greater absorption by the chromophore water (five times more than 810nm laser and double than 1064nm) makes that less laser energy is needed to perform treatments, spreading lower heat to surrounding tissue and reducing side effects.
Reasons for using PL3D™
PL3D™ has an ergonomic handpiece with a fibreglass locking mechanism and a smoke extraction system to remove the intradiscal pressure caused by disc vaporization (worldwide patented).
- External power meter to check the fiber output before its introduction
- Exclusive system to mantain the fiber optic sterile during the power test
- Statistical number of pulses, total applied energy and control of emission time
- Intuitive and easy to use program
Minimally invasive outpatient procedure
Laser discectomy with PL3D™ is a minimally invasive outpatient procedure, which is performed under local anesthesia to reduce intradiscal pressure using laser. An optical fiber is inserted into the affected disc through a needle to vaporize a small part of the nucleus pulposus, drastically reducing intradiscal pressure. The gas formed during the process is removed by a specific handpiece through a smoke evacuation system to minimize the intradiscal pressure.
The procedure is comfortable for the patient, leaves no scars or spinal instability, reduces rehabilitation time and does not prevent an open surgery if necessary.
- Discectomy or percutaneous laser disc decompression
- InGaAsP solid state diode laser generator
- Wavelength: 980nm
- Power at the fiber output: Up to 30 W
- Mode of operation: CW (continuous) and Pulsed
- Average dimensions: 35 x 37 x 20cm (width, depth, height).
- Weight: 12 Kg